Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ned is very bad

I went to two boring parties and my parents made me go since I would get a new webkinz if I did and the parties were something just like Scooters Jungle except it was WAAAAAAY too boring. And the other one, it was like on a bus and there were some parents who told you what to do on the bus. We biked to one of the parties.

There's a book called Celeste Sails to Spain, and it's like all of the people except one person is on that page and the missing person is on the other and there was a piece of paper that you have been given and you draw on the piece of paper, well, not draw, but there's some lines and you write, for example, on Sports Day, if it was Sports Day, I was Rosie, so you would write: Rosie plays football. So we did that and it was WAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy.

And at maths, all the grade ones, since there are some grade ones in the other class with Prue's class, all the grade ones come together and you count 5s like this: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40.... [mommy is tired of typing]...100. And it's way too easy since I already know how to count by fives and I like doing it, see: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.... [tired again] 100!

And I met Charlotte and Skye. And they are both very nice. I don't like Ned because he never listens. To everybody. And he gets on orange a lot. And orange is, so there's green -- that you want to stay on -- and there's pegs, they say your name, and if you have had 3 chances, you go on orange, then 3 chances, you need to go on red, then 3 chances you need to go on Discipline Note and you need to have a note home, and there is a circle about 1, 2, 3, and if you get to after 3 in the discipline note, they have a meeting about how bad you were.

7 comments:

grandma said...

Dearest Ripley, I was happy to see your new blog. It sounds like you are doing lots of new things and meeting new people. I am sure that you will find lots of new things to learn--some may be WAAAAAAAAAY easy, some you may already know and some will be new. But it is all a great adventure.
You seem to understand the peg idea very well. Do the kids listen as well as the Farm School kids do? Do they talk about mental violence in school?
It is great that you are biking everywhere--isn't it good that you learned to ride so well before you went to Australia?
Taz is fine--all the little dogs bark at him when I take him for a walk but he never barks--just looks at them and walks on! Lots of hugs and xx, Grandma

Ripley said...

Dear Grandma:

They are TOOOOOOOOOOOTALLY bad compared to Farm School. And they do NOT talk about mental violence, since they do NOT know about it. And they like people to tell -- so they do not know about brain robbing.

Aunt Heidi said...

Hi Ripley,
So are you sharing about mental violence and brain robbing? Maybe it is something that your teacher and school chums would like to learn about. I think you should stick to what you believe is right and then people will see how smart and nice you are and want to do what you do! I'm sorry that the parties were boring--sometimes grownups have to go to boring parties, too!! Keep up the writing--or at least the dictating to Mommy! XXX, Aunt Heidi

Dana said...

Hi Ripley,

I wonder how a person can be bad. I know milk can go bad and then it smells really awful (and tastes even worse). Is Ned bad or is he making inappropriate choices? I bet even you and I make inappropriate choices sometimes.

I sure do miss seeing you at school. We just celebrated the 100th day. We made necklaces with 100 Fruit Loops (they even had to have a pattern) and Kyle jumped up and down 245 times in 100 seconds. Can you believe that?

How many days have you been at school? I will email your mom the things we did for one hundred day and maybe on your 100th day of school, you can do some of the these things too.

The wooden cut out of you is almost done. The Big Kids sure are taking a long time to finish painting you. Once you're finished, I will email you a photo.

We made models of ourselves for CC. I will send you pictures of everyone. Maybe you can try to guess who they are.

I hope you are taking lots of photos of everything you do and see. I will want to see them all when you return to Farm School.

Until then, give yourself a big hug from me.

Dana

Nancy Enoch said...

Dear Ripley,

I'm sorry you were bored with Celeste. What could you have done to make it more interesting?

It sounds like you have remembered lots of things that help you with math. Have you tried counting by threes? That one is very tricky.

I am glad that you have met Charlotte and Skye. What about them do you like? Be gentle with Ned. It sounds like he needs a friend.

Love,
Nancy

Unknown said...

Hi Ripley from Bjorn, Simone, Nils & Randi at Farm School!

It's been great to read about your adventures & to see your cute photos... love the shaving cream outfit! You are so stylish.

We are all doing fine & did you know Simone is going to be a little kid this Fall?

Please send our love to your family & ask your Mommy to check out the local textiles for me...

XOXO!
:) Randi

Unknown said...

Hi Mis.R,
How are you doing?
xiaobo